Adapted from Betty Crocker's Bread Machine Cookbook
1 C plus 2 T water
2 T olive oil (preferably garlic-infused)
3 C bread flour (or 2 1/2 c bread flour and 1/2 c whole wheat bread flour)
2 T grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (or Romano or Asiago)
1 1/2 t Italian seasoning
1 t sugar
1 t salt
2 1/2 t bread machine yeast
1. Place all ingredients, in this order, into bread machine pan.
2. Select dough/manual cycle.
3. When dough is done, move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 400.
4. Using garlic- (or other-) infused olive oil, grease deep-dish pizza pan or two cookie sheets. If using pizza pan, plop dough in center of greased pan and spread pizza to edges; if using cookie sheets, divide dough in half and spread until crust is desired thinness/thickness (approx. 12-inch circle). Let rise for 30 minutes. If you like having a crispy crust, bake in oven for 10 minutes before adding toppings.
5. Top with desired toppings—start with pizza sauce or tomato sauce, then mozzarella cheese, then other toppings (cooked griller crumbles and raw or cooked veggies if you want to keep it veg, or pepperoni or other cooked meat, etc.). Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over top (you may also want to try onion powder or chili seeds for flavor). Bake deep-dish pizza about 25-30 minutes; smaller pizzas about 18-20 minutes or until crust reaches desired crispiness.