Adapted from Joy of Cooking (less fat, just as tasty)
½ c milk
½ c flour
¼ c sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 Tbsp margarine
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Whisk together first four ingredients until smooth
3. Melt margarine in a 10” oven-proof skillet (for a double recipe, melt the margarine in a 12x9” Pyrex dish). Tilt pan/dish to coat the sides
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook on stove over medium-high heat, without stirring, for 1 minute
5. Place skillet in the oven and bake until the pancake is puffed and golden, approximately 12-15 minutes (15-17 minutes for a double recipe).
6. Serve immediately with powdered sugar, lemon juice (optional), and raspberry (or other) preserves - my younger son is partial to a guava jam we brought back from the Bahamas, but the rest of us are traditionalists.