Adapted from Moosewood Cooks at Home
2 5- or 6-oz firm fish fillets or steaks; tilapia works well
1 small tomato and/or bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 T olive oil
3 scallions, chopped
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
lime juice to taste
1/2 fresh chili, minced, or a few dashes of Tabasco/hot sauce
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450OF.
2. Tear off two sheets of aluminum foil, 12" x 24"; fold each in half to make a square of double thickness. Brush a little oil in the center of each.
3. Rinse the fish and prepare all the ingredients.
4. Place half the fish on each square. Top with the tomato/bell pepper, remainder of oil, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, chilis or hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Fold the foil into airtight packets and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Carefully avoiding the steam that will be released, open a packet to check that the fish is cooked (works well if you use a kitchen scissors to cut end of aluminum foil).
6. Transfer fish, vegetables, and juices onto serving plates. Works well when served with rice or baked sweet potato.
Note: This is a good recipe to make after serving Chili Salmon with Salsa Cruda. If you have leftover "salsa," use it in place of or in addition to the ingredients listed above; they're quite similar.