Adapted from Betty Crocker Bread Machine Cookbook
1 c + 2 T water
2 T vegetable oil
2 c all-purpose white flour + 1 T gluten (or 2c bread flour)
1 c wheat flour
1 tsp dried sage leaves
1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
2 T dried parsley
3 T powdered milk
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
1. Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed; set to "dough" setting and start.
2. Once dough is ready (usually 1 1/2 hours), spray loaf pan with Pam; place dough in pan and place pan in unheated oven. Let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Leave pan in oven and turn on oven to 350 F (ideally, convection). Cook for 35 min including while oven is warming up.
4. After 35 minutes of cooking, turn off oven but let loaf remain in oven for additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack. Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Leave loaf on wire rack until completely cool, then place in plastic bag.
Note: if your bread machine has a time-delay setting, you can prep this overnight. Make an indent in the flour and carefully add the powdered milk and yeast to the indentation, so they don't touch the water until mixing begins.