2 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
2 c white sugar
1 c vegetable oil
2 c grated zucchini
1 tsp vegetable extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate at 40% heat until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix chocolate chips with small amount of flour to coat them (prevents chips from sinking in batter). Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 20+ minutes, then carefully remove from pans, as bottom of loaves may stick.