- 2 pounds (32 ounces) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
- 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
- 1 cup onions, diced fine
- 1/2 cup celery diced fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced fine
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, reduced fat
DirectionsPlace the chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle taco seasoning over the meat.
Layer vegetables then salsa on top
Pour half-cup of water over the mixture
Set on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
Nutrition Infoper serving (makes 8 servings)
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 67.9 mg
Sodium: 253.3 mg
Total Carbs: 7.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 27.6 g