Adapted from several recipes...
4 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 lb. quince
4 cups sugar
2 sticks cinnamon (~3" each)
12 whole cloves
1. Cut quince into quarters and remove seeds/cores. Leave skin on. Grate quince in food processor. Should measure about 6 cups.
2. In large, nonreactive pot, bring water to boil
3. Add quince and lemon juice; return to boil and simmer 10 minutes
4. Add sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves; simmer ~45 minutes, stirring occasionally, to a marmalade consistency
5. Remove cinnamon and cloves. Spoon jam into sterilized jars and process (boil) for 10 minutes, or freeze. Processed jars are shelf-stable for ~6 months (or longer). Refrigerate after opening.
Tasty on toast (breakfast) or on cracker with cream cheese or brie (appetizer).