Adapted from a recipe I found online
Note: bread machine required
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/4 c honey
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups bread flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1. Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
2. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast.
3. (option 1) Select Basic or White Bread setting (3 hours), and press Start.
3. (option 2) Select Dough setting (1.5 hrs), press Start. When dough is ready, place on a lightly floured surface, then punch, fold, and roll into a loaf-sized blob. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and place dough in the pan. Place in unheated oven for 1 hour to rise. Turn on oven to 350 (ideally on Convection Bake setting) and set timer for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, turn off oven but do not open door or remove bread. Set timer for 5 more minutes, then remove pan. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
4. Let cool entirely before placing in plastic bag to store.
Makes 1 loaf, about 1 1/2 lb. -- 16 sandwich-size slices
Per slice (approx): 120 cal; 19 g carb; 4 g fat; 3 g protein; 148 mg sodium; 2 g sugar