Adapted from Food.com
* 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
* 1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 2 large egg whites
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips*
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar blend, egg substitute, egg whites and oil in large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
3. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg. Beat on low until batter is smooth.
4. Stir in morsels.
5. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 23-30 min or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 16 brownies
68 calories each; 3 g fat; 0.5 g fiber; 1.9 g protein
Note: I made the recipe with 1/3 c white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, and it was divine. Obviously a bit more caloric than the original recipe, but still pretty healthy.