This is a surprisingly good and moist recipe, considering it has such little fat...
3 bananas, mashed (I freeze and then thaw mine; seems to make them sweeter)
1 c Splenda sugar substitute (baking version)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 T pareve margarine (all vegetable/lactose-free)
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees*.
2. In a mixer, mash bananas, add Splenda and mix.
3. Mix in rest of ingredients.
4. Pour ingredients into a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray (butter-flavored Pam works well).
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes*; cake tester should come out clean when done.
6. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
*If using a dark coated pan, bake at 325 degrees and bake a little longer.
Serves 8 (or more, depending on size of slice)
Per 1/8 pan: 134 cal; 28 g carb; 3 g fat; 3 g protein; 22 g sodium; 7 g sugar